Best things to do in London during Christmas
Christmas is a time for family, friends, and all sorts of traditions. If you’re looking to do something special in London this year, be sure to check out our list of the best things to do in the city during Christmas!
What is the Christmas Season?
Every year, Londoners celebrate Christmas in their own special way. Whether you’re looking to get into the festive spirit or just want to enjoy some delicious treats, here are some of the best things to do in London during Christmas. google news headlines
Start off by heading to one of London’s many iconic landmarks – Buckingham Palace, Big Ben or Trafalgar Square – and take in the festive atmosphere. Then head down to Leicester Square for a festive market filled with food and drink, plus Santa himself will be on hand to give out goody bags!
If you’re looking for something a little more family-friendly, why not head to Regent’s Park where you can ride on the merry-go-round or listen to music from local choirs. Alternatively, make your way down to Greenwich Peninsula for a festive boat trip around the Thames.
If you’re feeling more adventurous, why not explore some of London’s dark (and spooky) corners? Head over to Camden Market where you can buy unique gifts for friends and family or venture over to Smithfield Market for a taste of the medieval era. Or if you’re feeling rowdy, why not head down to Brick Lane for some traditional pub grub? Whatever you choose, make sure it’s something fun and festive!
What are the Best Things to do in London during Christmas?
If you’re looking for something to do in London during Christmas, there are plenty of options. From shopping at some of the city’s famous malls to going ice skating at a famous rink, there is definitely something for everyone. Here are five of the best things to do in London during Christmas:
1. Shop at one of the city’s popular malls. There are many great malls in London that have Christmas-themed decorations and events going on throughout the season. Some examples include Oxford Street Mall and Westfield Stratford City.
2. Head to a popular indoor winter park like Chessington World of Adventures or Alton Towers Resort. Both parks offer spectacular rides and attractions perfect for family fun during Christmas.
3. Bring a festive atmosphere home with you by decorating your home with festive lights and ornaments. There are many places to buy these items, including big box stores or department stores such as Selfridges or John Lewis.
4. Take a walk through one of London’s famous parks like Hyde Park or Green Park on a cold day in December to see all the winter foliage up close.
5. Catch a performance by a famous Christmas opera company like La Scala or The Royal Opera House at their holiday performances.
Where Should You Go During The Holidays?
If you’re looking for something to do in London during Christmas, there are a lot of great options. Here are some of our favorites:
-Visit a Christmas market: There are plenty of markets around London that have lots of festive decorations and goodies for sale. We love the Camden Market Christmas Market, which has tons of delicious food options and cute little boutique shops.
-Attend a performance: There are a lot of great performances happening around London during Christmas. Check out a show at the Royal Albert Hall or the Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre.
-Stay in: There’s nothing quite like curled up with a good book by the fire while surrounded by beautiful snowflakes! If you want to stay in one place, try staying at The Ritz Charles Hotel in Covent Garden or the Park Hyatt Regency on Park Lane.
When it comes to the Christmas season, London is a city that never disappoints. From festive shopping to festive events, there’s plenty to do in London during the holidays. Here are some of our favorite places to be during this special time of year:
1. The West End – If you’re looking for a festive shopping experience, the West End is definitely the place to go. There are plenty of iconic stores like Harrods and Selfridges that will have you spoilt for choice. And if you’re feeling naughty, there are always some great (and naughty) shops in the West End that’ll have you stocking up on undergarments and other naughty items.
2. Regent’s Park – If you’re looking for something a little more peaceful and relaxing, Regent’s Park is a great option. It has plenty of beautiful gardens that make for great photo opportunities, and there are also several Christmas markets located throughout the park. If you want to get down on some holiday cheer, there are also a few traditional Christmas concerts held in Regent’s Park each year.
3. The British Library – If you’re looking for an educational experience while on holiday in London, the British Library should definitely be on your list of destinations. This incredible library houses an impressive collection of books, manuscripts, maps and artworks dating back centuries – making it an ideal spot to explore while taking some time off from celebrating with family and friends.
What should you do before you leave for London?
If you’re planning to visit London during the Christmas period, here are some of the best things to do!
Take advantage of the festive mood and enjoy a festive feast at one of London’s many restaurants. There’s sure to be something for everyone – from traditional roast dinners to elaborate Christmas meals.
Alternatively, check out some of the city’s festive markets. These stalls are crammed with unique gifts, food and drink, and even marquee events such as ice skating or carol singing.
If you’re feeling energetic, take a walk through London’s historic districts. Traverse the streets of Covent Garden, Mayfair and Soho to name but a few. Each has its own unique flavor and atmosphere that is sure to please visitors of all ages.
Finally, don’t forget about London’s famous theatres! From West End shows to smaller off-Broadway productions, there’s something for everyone at London theatres in December.
Things to do on your first day in London
The best things to do in London during Christmas are as follows:
-Visit a traditional English Christmas market.
-Attend a performance at the London Symphony Orchestra.
-Take a walk around Covent Garden.
-Drink mulled wine and enjoy some festive treats at a local pub.
On your first day in London, make sure to check out some of the top attractions! Buckingham Palace is a must-see, and there are plenty of other amazing stops to make like Oxford Street and Trafalgar Square. After seeing all of these sights, you’ll be ready for some fun! Head to the London Eye for an amazing view of the cityscape, or take a walk along the River Thames. There’s also plenty of shopping opportunities around London so you can find that perfect present for your loved ones back home.